Monday, September 2, 2013

Pre-Travel Jitters

Hola a todos!

Well, hola a no one yet, I haven't given out the address to the website yet.

In case you're a future auxiliary, or someone who just happened to stumble upon this page, and don't know me personally, let me fill you in on a few things. My name is Julia, I'm 23 years old, and in a month and one day, I'm heading out to Spain for ten months to teach English in the Spanish school system, with a program called the Spanish Cultural Ambassadors program. I'll be paid 750 for each full month, which is pretty much min. wage. But I get the chance to live in Europe and travel and what not, so I think it's totally worth it. If you're interested in the program, you can find it here. Hopefully, if you decide this is something you want to do, this blog will help you learn about it and learn how to survive (i.e. avoid the mistakes I am bound to make).

Thus far, I don't have a lot to write about. On Sept. 11th, I'm heading out to Aranda de Duero, a little town south of Burgos. When I get there, I have to find an apartment (which I find terrifying, btw). Then, I start working with high school students in the high school, as what I will now and forever refer to as an IES. I'm not sure what my hours are, but I believe I'm only working four days a week, leaving the weekends open for travel. (If I get paid on time, of course. Apparently that's an issue with this program). I go speaking fluent Spanish, so I'm not really worried about that, and I'd like to learn the accent of the region I'm going to. I'll also be purchasing a video camera, so I'll be able to post some videos of what I'm doing when I get over to Spain.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll write more in depth thoughts on travel and reasons for why I'm traveling so far away for so long later, but for right now, I'll leave you with just the basics. I hope you find this blog interesting, and I especially hope you find it helpful if you too want to be an Auxiliar.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment