Thursday, October 31, 2013

Christmas plans

I haven't posted anything new in a while, both because I don't have internet, and because nothing new has happened, really. Hopefully I'll be able to do something this weekend, but I'm kind of in the, 'yay they paid me because I'm pretty much out of savings (it's expensive to move to another country. :P) but it's only a half a check because it's for a half month and I still have to pay rent' stage. Honestly, I'm just glad they paid on time. Apparently last year was a nightmare. Let's hope they can make it two months in a row. Actually, even if they didn't, I'm pretty set. I've got two sets of private lessons, one twice a week, and I've got a class starting in Nov. in which I'll be teaching teachers how to speak fluidly. So although I'll be crazy busy, I won't be broke. And I still have my Fri-Mon free to travel. Speaking of that, and I know I posted this on Facebook but for those of you that don't have it or didn't read it or would like to know more about it, I'm going to Rome for Christmas! I'm pretty excited. I got my plane ticket and a potential hotel reserved (although to be honest I'm trying to stay at this Monastery, but they require a deposit so I'll have to hold off on that one for at least a couple weeks). I'll even have a layover in Zurich, so I can leave the airport for at least six, seven hours (depending I suppose on how long everything stays open there) and check out some of the Christmas markets and what not. I'll be leaving on the 23rd, and arrive the morning of the 24th in Rome. Then I'll be in Rome until the 28th. It all sounds awesome to me. On the way back I'll have a layover in Germany, but I'm not sure where my airport is in relation to the city, and the layover is not super long, so we'll see if I get to collect their flag (I'm buying a flag for every country I go into, not counting the airports). I also really want to go to the Papal Christmas Mass. That would be so cool. We'll see. I sent in for a ticket a few weeks ago, but that was from my old address, and I think I'll have to send another one. In any case, and I don't know why I didn't think of this before, I'm going to ask the priest at my parish to help me out. After that I'll still have about ten days free before school starts again. Maybe it's a good time to go somewhere else? I know New Years flights are expensive, but maybe right after that? Maybe that'll be a good time to check out Barcelona (can't be any colder than Aranda will be, right?). So I think my trip to Rome will christen my international travel. I'm glad to have the biggest trip all settled. It makes the others seem possible as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment