Thursday, October 17, 2013

Soooo happy right now.

I don't know if I can stress enough how happy I am. I either want to sing or weep. I'm not fond of weeping, and quite frankly I already don't drink enough water, so I've been making up little songs about how happy I am to be leaving this apartment. Some involve swear words but in a... happy way.

I've found another place to live. How is this apartment better? Let me count the ways.

1. No smoking. It even smells better than this one did when I moved in. (And right now I'm sitting in my room and it's filled with smoke. It's awful.)
2. Smaller. I like smaller.
3. People closer to my age. And they're both working in the school system!
4. Closer to my school. I only have to go five minutes to get from the apartment to work. Yay for sleeping in more!
5. Cleaner. I don't think I'll be finding any roaches there. And I'm not afraid to use the drawers in the wardrobes!
6. Brighter. Light is expensive here. My room faces outward, not a wall, which is great.
7. I can understand my roommates' Spanish better. My current landlady/roommate has this really thick accent.
8. Next door to my favorite grocery store, the one that sells sheep cheese for 1 Euro!
9. It's not ancient! I don't have to light the stove with a match. And I bet the microwave works, too.
10. Shower. The shower is huge and really, really nice. Shared, unlike this apartment, but it's still better.

Okay, that's just ten reasons why I'm so pleased. It's more than enough for me. I'm going to start packing tomorrow, and tell my landlady on Sat. (there's nothing in my contract that says I have to wait or give a certain amount of notice). Hopefully I'll be in my new place Monday evening! I'll try and add some pictures either here or on Facebook eventually, but I won't have an internet connection for probably another week (basically the only downside).

In other good news, I found out I'll be making 50 Euro extra a month teaching teachers! I won't start for another three weeks, but that gives me some time for lesson planning. And all that money will go towards traveling, which I'm imagine will happen mostly after Christmas, as I'll be fully settled in and my paychecks should be steady (hopefully that won't be an issue, but last year it definitely was in my region).

So today was a good day. Oh, and I learned that young Spaniards love candy corn. LOVE. And Halloween trinkets. It's made for some fun lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment