Friday, October 11, 2013

NIE part 2

Okay, I've got a NIE number. So let me start out by saying, Success! Almost. There will be a part three, but I've got the hardest part done.

My appointment was, as I mentioned before, more of a suggestion. I walked there, and from the Pz Jardines de Don Diego it took about 20 minutes to get there. You have to go past the Ermita, and it's on the right side of the road. You'll literally be outside of town by the time you get there. Plan for the travel time.

The documents you'll need are your Empadronada (no copy required), your passport, a copy of your passport (all stamped pages and first few pages, either color or black and white), your letter from the Junta (no copy required), and your visa application from the states. I wouldn't bother filling out the application beforehand (Ex-15) because they'll pretty much fill it out for you. I did mine completely wrong, and it was actually way easier than I thought.

Once you turn in all the forms, you'll need to be fingerprinted, but they'll only do your indexes a couple times. The guy who's in Aranda right now is super helpful and very nice. I had to wait about 15 minutes, and the process only took about 20 minutes. I would still leave yourself a window of 2 hours, because the appointment is more or less first come first serve. You may have to wait a while. And don't forget to take account of your walk to the school if you're taking care of it on a work day. I recommend finding a day off to do your NIE just in case. If you're at Vela Zanetti, it's about 40 minutes away from there.

From this point, you'll get a number, and a receipt. You need to take it to a bank and bring back the top sheet. I think it's 12 Euro. Once you go back to the station, they'll give you a piece of paper and a phone number. Your NIE card will be in probably ten days, and you can call the number to check if it's in yet. But I'll save that part for later, because it hasn't happened yet.

Hopefully though, if you can avoid my early misunderstandings, getting your NIE in Aranda should be super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment