Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear future auxiliar in Aranda

Don't go to Burgos to get your NIE. Apparently, it can be done in Aranda. Also apparently, they won't let you do it in Burgos. At least, the woman I spoke with wouldn't. I know for a fact that it is allowed, because another girl in my city was allowed to get her NIE in Valladolid. It just has to be in the same Province. But they wouldn't let me do it, so basically I spent 12 Euro to go to Burgos for nada. By the way, the stupid website, found here http://www.policia.es/documentacion/oficinas/castilla_leon.html does not say that you can do the NIE in anywhere but Burgos. So perhaps I'll go to the Police Station here (which is literally across the street from my apartment) and find out that lady was completely wrong. I promise, future auxiliar, that I will update with detailed steps my journey to get this stupid thing so that it is easier for you.

However, the Empadronada portion is completed, and was super easy. All you need is your passport and a copy of your rental agreement (signed and what not). Take it to the Plaza Mayor. The office is N. 1, right near the main bridge to the other half of the city. You'll find it on the first floor (keeping in mind that the ground floor in Spain is 0 not 1) and to your left when you come up the stairs. It literally took me five minutes, and they open at 9 I believe. If you need a copy of your rental agreement or of anything really, there is a copy shop that opens at 9 in the last entrance to the Plaza Mayor, the one right before the path to Santa Maria and after the Casa Cultural and all those shops. I hope that helps.

Despite the frustrating failure, it was time well spent. I went out to lunch with some other Auxiliares in and around Burgos (also getting their NIE). We went to this nice little Italian place. The great thing about getting food in Spain is the Menu del Dia. Basically, there are certain items that are cheaper at lunch. So I got bread, a delicious pear salad, a good sized lasagna (and it was delicious), some sort of dessert, and an entire glass bottle of water. All of this was 12,5 Euro. I also learned from an Irish Auxiliar the term 'tums and bums' to describe an abdominal and gluteal class. I think I'll be using that from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment