Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Getting your NIE in Aranda Part 1

I'm not done with it yet. But I figured I would write everything down before I forget anything. I'll write part two when I get it done (hopefully Friday).

So, to start out, you need to get an appointment (cita). The number on the website is wrong. I found another number in the yellow pages, and I called it. They told me to call someone else. Then that person told me to call someone else. Finally, I reached the number to get a cita (appointment). Call 947 546 306. They'll want to know your first and last name, your country of origin, where you're living, how long you're going to be here. You need to tell them you don't have a NIE, and that you have an empadronamiento. They will then ask you what time you can come. If I heard them correctly, it's open from 8-2, so you'll probably have to organize it around your school schedule (and it's pretty far out of town so block at least a couple hours out of your day). So I scheduled an appointment sometime between 9-11. They're not super specific. Apparently though, the mornings are pretty busy, so it's entirely possible that I'll show up and won't be able to do my NIE paperwork. I might have to go back Monday. We'll see.

It also is not anywhere near I thought it was. You have to make your way to the Ermita de la Virgen de las Vinas. It's on C/ San Francisco, 92. I believe that it's right after the Ermita (and if you haven't been there yet, check it out). You need your empadronamiento, NIE application, passport photos, passport, copy of your passport, and you need to pay a small amount (like 12 Euro). I'm not really sure how that's going to work. I know that in Burgos you go from the national police station to the bank, then you get a receipt and bring it back to the station. But the station here is so far away from the bank, I'm not sure how that's going to work.

I'll get back to you on part two, the actual application process.

No comments:

Post a Comment